2013/06/21

3DS connection story


I own two 3DSs: one is European version while the other is Japanese one. The Japanese one is the Animal Crossing edition.

I have been playing Japanese Animal Crossing for several months now, and just got Animal Crossing on my other European 3DS.

I have not enabled an internet connection on my Japanese 3DS, as I want to keep a console on old firmware (in case a future firmware blocks flashcarts/hacks, etc).

Since my European 3DS has internet enabled,so I tried to play Animal Crossing "local multiplayer" between the two consoles. I wanted my European console to visit my older Japanese town to get fruit/tools/money, etc. The problem is I couldn't connect the two consoles. I tried connecting via the "local" play option, but I couldn't connect the two consoles.

Finally thanks to the information from internet, I realized that I have to update my Japanese Animal Crossing software to v1.1, (via eShop), and now local play between the two works.

So it is the story about 3DS connection just give you a way if you are in the same trouble one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment